Thursday, March 28, 2013

How to Clean and Refresh a Microwave

I'm officially in full spring cleaning mode. There may still be snow on the ground but that can't stop me. Next stop on my cleaning spree is the microwave! I have an easy relatively effortless way that i've used for years to get that microwave in tip top shape again….

Here's what you'll need:
-Dirty Microwave
-Microwave safe bowl/container
-Vinegar
-Water
-Sponge
-Paper Towels/Rag

Step #1: Pour a 50/50 water/vinegar combination in your microwave safe bowl
(Note this ratio does not have to be accurate)

Step #2: Place your bowl/container in your microwave

Step #3: Set your microwave for 10 minutes….(warning the vinegar smell will be strong)

Step #4: Let your bowl sit in the microwave for an extra 5 minutes 
 to let the steam go to work on the grime!

Step #5: Remove your bowl with vinegar and turntable…

Step #6: Use your sponge to remove the nasty stuff in your microwave, 
it should come off easily…

Note: Don't forget the top….
...the door as well as the turntable which I just wash in the sink with warm water and dish soap


There you have it, my microwave cleaning method. Not too bad right? I know this has been posted all over the place but I post based on methods that i've tried and this happens to be one that I use frequently because I find it works well for me and wanted to share it with all of you!






Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment