Thursday, June 28, 2012

How to hang perfectly even curtains:

       When hanging curtains it can be very difficult to hang the brackets even. (Trust me I know this from experience!) So I made a template (you can use cardboard or paper). This ensures that the bracket I hang on the left is the same height as the one I hang on the right. 

Things you need:
-Sheet of paper or cardboard
-Measuring tape (optional)
-Screws
-Anchors
-Drill bit
-Drill
-Hammer
-Curtain rod and brackets
-Curtains

Step 1: Decide how high you want your curtains to be hung. Personally, I prefer to hang my curtains wide and high. So I go down a few inches from the ceiling/ molding and over from the window about 6-12". This will give the illusion of larger windows and a higher ceiling. 


Step 2: Next use your bracket to create the holes on your template. 

                        Step 3: Poke holes through your template with a sharp object (pen, pencil, nail, screw, etc) to make marks where your screws will go. 
Step 4: Using the marks you made in the previous step, drill into the holes with a drill bit.  Mine came in this nifty kit I found similar to this one just make sure that the screws will work with your bracket. 
Step 5: Now you take the anchors and hammer them into the holes you just made in Step 4. Be careful when you hammer so you don't hit the wall or break the anchor. 
Step 6: Attach the brackets with the screws that will fit your anchors. 

Step 7: Now flip over your template and repeat Steps 2-6 on the other side.



Step 8: Place your curtains and rod on your even brackets and step back and enjoy your work :)

My curtains are gray Janette curtains from Ikea. The curtain rod is the Vagen curtain rod from Ikea. The sheers are hand-me-downs from my mother. Lastly, the drill we used is from this Milwaukee drill set.
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment